Monday, March 19, 2012

What I ended up doing with six almost over the hill peppers

I roasted and peeled them, and made a lovely salad with balsamic vinaigrette and shaved parmesan.  I served them with carrots and fennel.

I roasted poblanos to go with the fish tacos tonight.

I am probably going to roast some more bell peppers for the green pork on Wednesday.  I had planned on saving a poblano, but I forgot and ate them all.

Bell peppers are one of the foods that I couldn't eat at all before I gave up gluten, and now I eat them all the time.  I love the taste of them, and they are so darn easy.  I eat way more dairy now, after a life time of suffering through lactose intolerance it's pretty fun to now be able to eat as much dairy as I want.  I could always have a little yogurt or cheese, but never a lot, ice cream made me seriously ill.  About a year after giving up gluten I started to notice that I could eat more yogurt, more cheese.  I started cautiously adding other dairy.  I still wouldn't drink cups of milk, but mostly because I never really got used to that much dairy and I don't have the taste for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment